13 June 2005

Posted by Hello
Army National Guard Service Ribbons
(Years of Service 1972-1999)
I retired from the National Guard in 1999 after 27 years of service. During my tenure with the Guard, I served in the 104th Armored Cavalry Squadron (armor crewman), the 166th Field Artillery (cannoneer and gunner), the 108th Field Artillery (section chief), Pennsylvania Army National Guard Military Academy (cadre, instructor, assistant operations sergeant, sergeant, and chief instructor/writer), and the 4th BN, 166th Training Regiment (operations sergeant, chief instructor/writer). I earned the NCO of the Year Award in 1986 and was recognized as the #1 NCO in the Commonwealth.
I used to tease my Dad, a retired Lt. Colonel, that I had earned 2 more rows of ribbons that he did and was promoted one more time than him.
My service ribbons:
Row 1 Meritorious Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal
Row 2 ARCAM Medal, National Defense Ribbon, Humanitarian Service Medal
Row 3 Army Service Ribbon, Armed Forces Reserve Medal, NCO Professional Development Ribbon
Row 4 Overseas Training Ribbon, PA Distinguished Service Medal, PA Service Medal
Row 5 20 Year Service Award, General Stewart Medal, General White Medal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com