13 July 2005

The weirdest thing . . .

Halloween in July . . . gotta tell ya, at first glance, I couldn't believe my eyes! This afternoon, in the midst of a steamy hot July afternoon, I answered the front door to find 4 kids (maybe in the 8 to 13 years of age range) dressed in full Halloween get ups. I was greeted with the traditional "trick or treat" . . . which I followed up with: "you gotta be kidding". The young man, attired in witch's garb asked if I had any candy . . . "nope" I replied, but "that's a pretty novel idea you're working on young man". Weird, yes . . . original, I never heard of anything like this happening any place else before today. Kids!

1 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Blogger Hayden said...

5 or 6,000 years ago, at 19, I was living in the "student ghetto" and a group of us friends became REALLY close. Welded together. Though it felt like family, we knew it would fall apart come September. One evening when our minds were not perfectly clear, the tragedy of our situation became apparent "we would never celebrate Christmas together!!!" Unable to live with that barren future, we decided to celebrate Christmas on the 25th of June. With caroling to all of the neighbors. A couple of fellow students (we didn't know them) invited us in for hot chocolate. We had a Christmas feast served on the front porch because the apartment was too hot from all of the cooking. We even each hung up a stocking and filled each others when no one was looking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com