23 April 2006

Music Added . . .



Setting up this blog has been an interesting learning experience . . . you don't know what you don't know about blogging until you try something different or attempt to add a new feature.

Well, I love Doo Wop, it's my favorite genre of music and I was determined to feature it on this blog. I wanted to install a music player with a menu of songs (tried relentlessly but unsuccessfully) but for now I'll settle for one song until I have more time to figure the jukebox thing out.

The first featured song (I plan to rotate them manually for now, new song every other week, not that many folks hang out here) is called "The Night" performed by an obscure Doo Wop group called the Velvet Satins. Great 5 part harmonies and a cool falsetto at the end . . . I found this song 2 years ago on a British Doo Wop site, fell in love with it and it's here, for now, to enjoy. I haven't figured out how to get it to play "on demand" or to stop looping after it plays once . . . well, it's a good song so hearing it again ain't so bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com