21 August 2005

$17.00 Walmart Grill . . . smokes "em

Made by Sunbeam and available for under $20.00 at your local Walmart (next year, the shelves are bare now), the little charcoal grill is a real ass-kicker! Man, I love this grill . . . so much so, I went out and bought a second one just to be sure there was always one around for camping and Penn State tailgate parties this Fall.

It's all about the grill when it comes to the BBQ ritual. My little Sunbeam has 2 grilling surfaces/shelves (I only use the top shelf, I'm a slow cooker), front and rear draft controls, and a top smoke/heat vent. What a great little grill! Perfect temperature and cooking control is the best feature (besides the price, which is fairly attractive), easy breakdown for cleaning, and with some care it should last for several years. I invested in a 4 burner stainless steel gas grill earlier this summer and have used it 3 times all season . . . my little Sunbeam is cookin' almost daily!

Over the weekend, I experimented with low temp/indirect heat/wood chip smoking on the Sunbeam with excellent results. Both pork loin strips and NY strip steaks did great. We have a neighborhood pork and rib fest planned for October . . . I think the little Subeams will be more than up to the task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com