14 August 2005

Her 15 minutes . . .


Anti-war protestor Cindy Sheehan, whose soldier son Casey was killed in Iraq, is calling for Bush's "impeachment," and for Israel to get out of Palestine! "You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism," Sheehan declares.

Sheehan, who is asking for a second meeting with President Bush, says defiantly: "My son was killed in 2004. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny...you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me (for back taxes) and we'll put this war on trial."

"And now I'm going to use another 'I' word - impeachment - because we cannot have these people pardoned. They need to be tried on war crimes and go to jail."

The 48-year-old California mom remains tented up in a ditch along the one-lane road that leads to Bush's Texas ranch. As her protest entered its second week, hundreds of people with conflicting opinions about the war in Iraq descended on the area.

DD notes . . . so, let me get this right . . . Surrender the right of human beings to practice self-determination, live in freedom, while practicing capitalism, and terrorists will stop being terrorists? Appeasement of terrorists = peace and security? Liberation of an oppressed nation = war crimes? Mrs. Sheehan's protest and anti-war demonstration seems to command a lot of attention and press . . . those "15 minutes" of fame do little, in my opinion, to honor her son's sacrifice his country. I'm sorry for her tragic loss, as I am for for all the families who have lost loved ones in this, and all our wars. I don't have any answers for those folks like Mrs. Sheehan who mourn their losses . . . but, I know this . . . millions of soldiers, and freedom loving citizens, have given their lives to protect free societies that afford their citizens the right to speak what's on their minds. I just wish Mrs. Sheehan understood the history of free men VERSUS evil oppressors a little better. Her son did, ironically, he joined a long list of heroes who underwrite our guarantee of free expression. Try impeaching a radical cleric or camp out in protest along a road leading to a militant jihadist compound . . . some things are self-evident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com