12 November 2005

Another milestone . . .

I'm not much on celebrating my birthday and on nearly every previous occasion I preferred to treat it as just another day. Turning 40 was particularly traumatic but 50 didn't seem to phase me a bit. Now this steady march toward 60 thing has me in a tail spin and I'm not sure why . . .

I do know that I've been particularly blessed over the past decades with good health, loving family and friends, and an excellent but modest standard of living. Well, maybe it's because time seems to move quicker as one grows older . . . it seems that way to me. Reflecting back this morning . . . I got most of the stuff done in my life that I set out to do . . . and while life has a way of dealing out new sets of goals each year, they get done too . . . they just take a few days, weeks, or months longer to achieve. Maybe that's it . . . a bit of frustration . . . it now takes a week to paint a room that say 10 years ago took only a day or two.

As you get older, birthdays become a lot like New Years resolutions . . . this year, I'm gonna do this, start this, work on this, etc. What's up with that? Especially all the self-improvement stuff. Maybe that's it.

Well . . . God willing, He'll give me another year to ponder all this. I love life and all it offers . . . good or bad . . . it's been an amazing ride so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com