06 November 2005

Like Old Times . . .




Excuse me for celebrating . . . this is like the good old days of Penn State football, and I can't help but relish the "throw back" to the years I first fell hopelessly devoted to this program! Ok . . . PSU climbed to #6 in both the AP and USA Today polls . . . not that this isn't GREAT in and of itself . . . the one poll that matters most is the BCS poll that comes out on Monday . . . I'm thinking 5 or higher . . . which means, for now, either LSU or Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. Pundents and prognosticators say Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl . . . but to me, that's a step down, because ND has 2 losses and a puss schedule to finish out the season. PSU, with a win against Michigan State in 2 weeks, deserves a much better opponent than ND (and while it would be nice to see the Lions claw some Irish butt, I'd much prefer Bama at this point in the ratings).

It's hard to believe (is it really?), that PSU is 9-1 and one game away from a Big Ten championship! Perhaps the last 5 years have taken a little bit of a toll among the "faithful" and "true believers" in Lion football . . . but not this fan . . . I just refused to believe the detractors! With a win against MSU, JoePa should be named coach of the year! At 78, he still the man!!! Sad to even ponder the notion of our team being led out of the tunnel by any coach other than Joe . . . that day will come, but for the moment it's like the old days again and I love it!!!


The Bass Ale and brats never tasted better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com