05 December 2005

Early speculation . . .

Well it's official, Penn State will play Florida State in the Orange Bowl. I've been holding my breath through the weekend in hopes that some miracle might take place that would match the Lions up with a team having a better record . . . but, it was not in the cards!

Like other PSU fans, I should be happy . . . Penn State is going to its very first BCS bowl . . . that seems kind of odd considering the long tradition of bowl appearances they had over the past 4 decades. I don't know, I'm a little disappointed . . . Florida State (#22, with their win over Virginia Tech) against #3 Penn State just doesn't seem right to me. Yeah, the Lions will be heavy favorites and it'll be billed as a match up between the 2 winningest coaches in college football, but I think the Lions deserve a better opponent - like Virginia Tech, or even Notre Dame or Oregon. The automatic conference champion thing works for you or against you in the BCS arrangement I suppose.

There's a remote possibility at this point that I may attend the game . . . more on this should it actually pan out . . . that would be totally excellent because I've never attended a PSU bowl game in all my years of following the squad. Funny thing about this whole PSU-FSU scenario, I actually speculated early on in the season that this match up might actually occur . . . oh yeah, FSU was actually a Top 10 team when the idea popped into my head . . . dah . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com