28 February 2006

New Flippin' Dell is Awesome!

If speed and enhanced features trip your trigger, the Dell E510, fully loaded, is the way to go! I'm impressed with this machine. It took about 35 minutes to set up and I must admit going into a state of shock dealing with all the cables and cords (laptops will spoil you). My only criticisms so far are these: a) set up instructions assume you have a technician's background, b) while most everything is pre-loaded, it takes over 2 hours to personalize the set up and download all the software updates (like they couldn't do that on the assembly bench), and c) aside from a few "quick set up cards", there are no manuals to explain anything (some of us crave data - data - data).

I am impressed with the speed of this unit . . . something I was unaccustomed to with the old Inspirson laptop . . . near-instant gratification with screen image changes and a super-fast boot to all programs . . . that's "tits" like they say around here! I'm not used to a digital input monitor and that's the first real magnificent difference to experience. The enhanced sound card, video card, and TV tuner make up the "media center" which makes the whole unit a "kicker". It'll be a few days more until I figure all that stuff out, but the thought of being able to watch or record my favorite TV programs when our widescreen HD TV is otherwise tuned in to Lifetime For Women is yet another pleasure yet to be enjoyed!

This baby can do it all . . . it'll be fun figuring out how it all works!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com