25 February 2006

99 Bottles of Beer #19

Sorry no photo . . . Blue Moon Belgian Wheat Style Ale, brewed by the Blue Moon Co (division of Coors Brewing) . . . where do we start? I bought a case of this stuff based on the recommendation of a beer distributor owner who has steered me right on several prior ocassions when I was trying to decide what new brew to try.

BMBWA starts out tasting pretty good. I skipped the recommendation to serve it with a slice of orange (maybe I should have listened). Bottles one and two reminded me of a fairly good microbrew. This is definately not a beer that will hang with you and not loose its flavor after 3 or 4 . . . by beer # 4, it tastes pretty much like Keystone Light and that's a huge shame! I seriously doubt if the addition of orange slices would save this one . . . any beer that needs fruit slice embellishment probably isn't worth buying again. Rating: very weak 3 (I won't buy it again, but will enjoy the rest of the case as a "one with dinner beer")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com