04 May 2006

Grassrooted Goodbyes

Today's surprise luncheon, hosted by our largest facility, was the neatest thing a group of folks have ever done for me. Over the years, I come to know hundreds of drivers at our facilities but I've come to know the folks at this one the best. They have a layout of "favorite foods" that would have fed an army . . . homemade beef pot pie, hot wings, the beautifully decorated cake above, and much more.

I recieved a superbly crafted walking stick featuring a handcarved eagle - the work of one of the very talented drivers, a huge computer carry case, and dozens of well wishes and hugs. These folks are salt of the earth, grassrooted individuals, who truely care about school bus transportation safety and I will miss the daily contact with them.

Today's event touched my heart, I had no idea saying farewell could be this difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com