25 August 2006

This Year's Season . . . PSU 9-4

Damn, it took all I could do to type the title . . . but a 9 and 4 season is probable for my beloved Lions. 10 and 3 is possible, not likely, but possible . . . if State gets through the first 4 games of the season with only one loss, I may be tempted to upgrade the prediction to 10 and 3.

On the subject of games 1 to 4 . . . PSU face early tests against Ohio State and Notre Dame . . . if we can win one of those two games, the momentum for an outstanding season will be in place. I have this gut feeling PSU will win one or two games the experts predict they'll lose; and unfortunately, perhaps lose a game they're favored to win along the way too . . . hence my 9 and 4 assessment.

Joe will turn 80 this year . . . but I believe what Beano Cooke once said about Joe . . . "his coaching expertise is worth 3 points in any game." Last season Joe proved he's still a major factor in Penn State's program, so no worries in the coaching department.

Next up . . . some players to watch this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com