17 November 2006

Ode to Bo . . .

In this age of fantasy football leagues and Playstation football match ups, it's easy to create dream matches of your favorite teams, players, coaches, etc. I haven't taken that plunge yet. Instead, I enjoy hundreds of "what if" scenarios that play out in my head instead of a screen.

Those who know me also know that my greatest "wish" would be to see a Bo Schembechler-coached team play a Joe Paterno-coached team in a classic "running game, smash mouth, defense-dominated" match up.

Today marks the passing of one of these 2 coaching legends. Bo passed at age 77. He defined the Michigan football program. While I have very little fondness for Michigan, I long admired Bo. He, like JoePa, set a standard of excellence for the players to attain. He's irreplaceable. Thanks Bo . . . for helping to make college football the magnificent sport it is today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com