05 November 2006

To Hell With Craig James, Saunders, Flutie, and the rest of them!

ESPN - ABC - Disney sports network executives (throw in sponsors too) need to "clean house" and shit can these guys! Craig James is an arrogant, pompus, disrespectful asshole who should be disciplined for his "old fart" comment about Joe Paterno. Saunders and Flutie egged him on . . . that's just as bad. The hell with them . . . thank gawd for Penn State radio network, guess it's time to kill the surround sound on the TV and crank up the radio tuner for commentary.

Hearing the remarks, I immediately sent emails to ESPN, ABC, and Disney registering my complaint - as did, I'm sure thousands of PSU and Paterno loyalists. That prompted net executives to nudge James to apologize later in the evening. Too late in my book, and it was obviously not a contrite statement.

What I don't understand is the double standard the networks are applying . . . on one hand, an announcer is suspended for saying "the catch looked gay-like" and in James' case, "old fart" is OK. I don't get it. Are they playing a PC numbers game - gay community is larger than the PSU faithful or something? Well, that's stupid . . . we "baby boomers" over 55 make up a much larger segment of the population . . . not sure the network signal callers took that into account.

I'm pissed. PSU and Paterno bashing is nothing new. Looking back over my many years of supporting Penn State, most of it is jealousy-driven bull shit stuff, as I'm sure it is with James' SMU team being picked "second by the sportswriters" in 1982 over Penn State. I seem to recall quite a few scandals and suspensions associated with SMU's football program around that same time . . . I'm getting too old to remember all the details . . . LOL! To hell with all those "sum bitches" I say. We'll never get announcers like Ray Scott, Beano Cooke, or Todd Blackledge together in a booth . . . but damn it USPN - ABC - Disney, wake-the-****-up and clean up your announcer corps! End of rant . . . except for one last comment, this "old fart" will note all future game sponsors (taco bell, lincoln, cingular, etc.) and go out of his way to boycott them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com