13 December 2006

99 Bottles of Beer # 36 and # 37

Business travel to Virginia created another opportunity to field test 2 more brews.

I highly recommend Mike's Great American Grill in Springfield, VA . . . I've frequented this joint about a half dozen time in as many weeks . . . food, service, and atmosphere are superb! I ventured to try their micro-brew Great American Pale Ale with dinner last night. Very rich and balanced brew . . . nice finish. I had 3 draughts with a steak dinner and will not hestitate to order it again. 3 1/2 stars . . . I'd give it 4 stars if I could buy it in the bottle to take home.

# 37 . . . Samuel Adams Brown Ale . . . picked up a six pack of bottles. High-priced (8.30) but from the first sips you can tell it's a quality brew. Rich tasting, a little bite and bitterness to it, but it finishes well. It has a very distinct, almost carmel-nut like flavor to it . . . gets your attention but isn't overpowering. Maybe one or two with dinner-kind-of-ale . . . not one I'd party with for an evening. Disappointed with the price-to-overall satisfaction thing . . . another 3 1/2 stars for this this one.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com