14 January 2007

Dreary Morning in South Central PA

Light misting rain, foggy, and 51 degrees in my backyard at 07:00 this morning . . . kind of funny, I was talking to myself as I went outside to fire us the smoker grill . . . "hey, another great day in January for grilling, gotta love this man . . ." It's official, some drive by neighbors think I'm nuts! Could kick myself in the ass though . . . when this one neighbor drove by with a fixed, gawking stare, I should have had a beer bottle in hand to hoist a friendly salute instead of my coffee mug . . . note to self . . . don't make that mistake again . . . bottle can be empty, keep one of the spice rack.

Well . . . I'm not into NFL football like I am into college football, but it was disappointing to watch the Ravens (my office is in Baltimore - new job) and the Eagles (I worked in Philly for a few years, old job) take losses yesterday. My neighborhood has a mixed fan base for pro teams . . . mostly Steelers fans, a few Ravens fans, and the occasional Bills or Giants aficionado will surface. Like most suburban developments I suppose, when you drive through them on big game weekends, you see the big banners, flags, blow up lawn mascots dolls, etc., our neighborhood is no different. I've never seen Eagles stuff openly displayed and this year I spotted the first Ravens' banner about 2 blocks from here. It would have been nice if they would have won out . . . pretty respectable seasons for both squads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com