31 December 2007

The Wait for Next Season . . .





The dreaded "wait 'til next season duldrums" have officially begun. As a veteran fan, I'm wise enough to know that much can change between now and the start of the 2008 campaign. I've seen it too many times - and have dealt with both surprizes and disappointments as seasons unfold. But . . . there's cause for great anticipation of a better 2008 season, compared to this one. I think # 17 Clark at QB and # 22 Royster at RB, if they stay healthy and develop, are two players who will help the Lions to the next level. BTW, #22 was Capaletti's jersey number . . . yep, I believe in quirks of fate. Also, figure Sean Lee will keep the Linebacker U. tradition going strong. We only lose 3 or 4 major starters to graduation. Like JoePa, I tended to support Morelli throughout his career. True, he was a bit unpredictable at times, but the kid had an arm and when he was "on", he was excellent. No need to dwell on the "off" moments. I'm very enthused about Clark's abilities as a mobile QB . . . thoughts of MRob streaming back in my head every time Clark keeps the ball and runs . . . tell you what, given the recievers we have coming back, and a backfield that looks to be strong, a mobile QB may just be what we need to crack into a 10-2 season or better!

But, ah, for now, the wait . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com