25 May 2007

First Attempt at Astrophotography

For a novice, with ZERO experience at this . . . for a first photo shot through my C6-R GT telescope, I think it turned out pretty good! I paired up an Orion digital camera with my Celestron scope and had no idea if this would work or not. Much to my surprize, and without any additional eyepiece use for greater magnification, it took only a few minutes to focus, shoot, and save. The Orion digital camera unit is easy to use.

Set up of my patio monster took less than 15 minutes - I'm getting better at the alignment routine. It took another 10 minutes to boot the laptop, set the camera, fine tune on the targets (I shot Venus too), and run the exposures.

I can tell already that this will become both a passion and an unbreakable habit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com