12 February 2010

Once in a decade or two . . .

. . . my area gets socked with a major snow storm. I remember 1993 and 1996 as the 2 most-recent years when heavy snow accumulations stalled travel, school, and business activities in South Central PA. 2010 is proving to be another year to remember . . . we've had 3 fairly significant snow events, 2 really huge events since the Christmas holidays! The last 2 events were only days apart and my neighborhood is witness to over 40 inches of snow in non-drift sections of lawns and other flat surfaces. Drifts . . . well, I can't measure them all, but easily 5 to 6 feet, depending on slopes and wind swept open areas. I bought a new snow thrower in November, and glad I made that decision . . . it's getting quite a baptism!

Me . . . well, those who know me, know I hate snow in any amount more than a few flurries!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com