15 January 2007

Rib BBQ . . . day after, let's do it again!

Yesterday's rib fest centered on full size ribs cuts (couldn't find baby backs anywhere this week) and I was a bit concerned because I don't have a good history with these cuts. I've tried several times previously and could only describe those efforts as "OK". With my daughter's family coming to dinner . . . these just had to turn out better this time around.

I figured if I used the same seasoning, pre-cooking, and extended the smoker grill time I had a chance of replicating last weekend's success (the baby backs prepared last weekend were the best to date). I kept the full size ribs cuts in the over for an additional hour and extended the smoker grill time almost 2 hours. Took a chance during the final hour and placed the ribs in a covered aluminum pan the last hours, added the BBQ sauce and let them baked in the smoker.

The final result . . . same great flavor as last weekend and the meat literally fell off the bones. My father-in-law (finicky eater) made it a point this morning to tell me how great the ribs were last night and ask when I'm going to do them again - that's a huge compliment by itself. Alijah's dad, hardcore Southern cooking fan, expressed his amazement and was asking all kind of preparation questions and smoker grill questions after tasting them. I'm not ready for prime time rib cook off competiton yet . . . that's never been the goal . . . just wanted to master the fine art of making them right.

Full size or baby back . . . no problem . . . it's amazing what you can learn when you have an extended grilling season. 50+ degrees in the forecast today . . . maybe I do something on the gas grill this afternoon . . . NY strip steaks . . . that'll work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com