03 April 2006

Predisposed?!?

Driving to the nursery on Sunday, I noticed 2 other die-hard grill enthusiasts with their smoker grills fired up making Sunday?s dinner. That?s a beautiful sight! One guy was grilling right up against the main sidewalk in town and the other guy had one smoking away in his side yard on the road to Dover. Yeah buddy, this is a wonderful sight to behold. I?d estimate there are at least 6 or 7 of us who are into smoke grilling in our town and perhaps another dozen or so (based on sightings) in the Abbottstown to East Berlin to Dover area.

Last year, before I really understood the ?cult-like nature? of BBQ smoke grilling and became a ?fanatic?, I purchased a pit beef sandwich from 2 vendors . . . one in E.B. and the other in Hanover. Excellent product . . . in both instances. Among my next projects are briskets, pork butts, and pit beef roasts . . . can?t wait to try them!

I?m an avid genealogist and during the course of my research over the past decade, I discovered 2 old family photographs that struck home. Both photos are scenes of my Great Great Grandfather (Francis Rosensteel, a Civil War veteran) pit roasting an ox near Little Round Top in Gettysburg, sometime in the late 1880?s. Makes me wonder if I have a genetic predisposition to be hooked on this smoke grilling thing?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com