03 April 2006

You gotta be kidding me . . .

Meet Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, Democrat, from Georgia. McKinney has a history of pushing her way through security checkpoints in the House of Representatives. She was recently stopped by Capitol Police while attempting to blow past the security check point. According to reports, she got physical with the guards and Capitol Police were considering an assault charge against her. Now, before I go any further . . . A) I am not a racist (my grandson is mixed race and I dearly love him and his parents), and B) if you or I tried something like this, much less take a swing at an officer, there would be no quarter extended to us.

OK . . . the caveats aside, who does this woman think she is?!? She's obsessed with the notion that the police didn't recognize her and should have known who she was . . . I find it hard to believe that once you see this lady (see photo above). I think the issue is more on the order of the fact that they didn't extend some special priviledge to her . . . come on, the cops were only doing their jobs!

I read today that Danny Glover and Harry Belfonte are speaking out in her defense and that this is has become a matter of gender and race abuse . . . you gotta be flippin' kidding!?! Oh . . . in 1998, that last time this happened to her, she demanded and received an apology from Bill Clinton's adminstration . . .

I have a suggestion for the congresswoman . . . wear the special lapel pin that identifies you as a member of congress and obey the same rules everyone else does - this wasn't about racial profiling, it was all about conforming to pre-established security protocol - you may be a black democratic congresswomen, but that doesn't exempt you from following security protocols.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com