01 June 2007

Jaguar Cologne by Yardley

Once again, you can find just about anything on eBay and if you're lucky, even get it with a winning bid!

My quest to find Jaguar cologne by Yardley has been on going for quite some time. It's been out of production for decades, I'm guessing close to 35 - 40 years. I've written about this stuff before, ecstatic having successful placed bids on eBay in 2 previous auctions. Jaguar was one of several top shelf men's fragrances of the 1960's. Easily one of the best in a field of now defunct colognes of that era, it proved to be ever illusive to locate from the 1970's on.

There's never a guarantee on the shelf life of any alcohol and fragrance oil product. I'm amazed that the bottles I'm pulling off of eBay have contents that are still righteous and strong scented. Last week I hit an 8 ounce bottle for under $50 . . . a steal compared to a previous auction where I bid over $100 for a 4 ounce bottle. Considering an 8 ounce bottle sold for $10 in the 1960's, and that many high-end modern men's colognes are in the $65 to $125 range, I still think the cost Jaguar by Yardley is fairly priced. I love the stuff and don't give a shit what it costs. The only question is how long the dwindling supplies will last as time marches on . . . 1965 to 2007, I'm currently hoarding 14 ounces of it . . . nope, not for sale!


1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is presently a NIB 4 oz bottle on e-bay (buy it now) for 69.99

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

From The Poodles
From Grillin' & Sm...
From PSU

| View Show | Create Your Own
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com